Waikato Innovation Park is an independently governed organisation
As an innovative and export-focused company, you can be secure in the knowledge that there are no strings attached to our services, tenancies or access to food innovation technology. Independently governed, our purpose is to contribute to economic development through supporting business growth in the export value chain.
Here’s what you can count on:
- Confidentiality: We commit to keeping business information private. Our focus is on building relationships.
- Assessment: We commit to gaining a clear understanding of your business so we can support your growth strategy through suggesting business-growth support options or funding. We can visit you to help this process.
- Connection: We commit to connecting you to the experts and resources you need to stimulate business growth – regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Progress: We commit to providing ongoing support. Whatever you’re eligible for, we would like you to stay in touch as you begin to grow. This way we can help identify opportunities for further business-growth support or funding.
- Growth: We commit to promoting business growth. It is our key driver, priority and goal for all the innovative and export-focussed companies that approach us. We are committed to doing all we can to make growth happen for your business.
Home to over 60 innovative companies including...
Meet the team at Waikato Innovation Park
Chief Executive Officer
Stuart was appointed CEO of Waikato Innovation Park in 2012. He has a commerce degree from Victoria University and is an experienced commercial chartered accountant. During a term as Financial Controller at New Zealand Dairy Group he managed the acquisition and integration of the fresh industry in the upper North Island which ultimately became Fonterra brands New Zealand. Stuart later became CEO of Livestock Improvement Corporation for eight years during which the organisation changed from a not- for-profit trust to a highly innovative, high returning commercial organisation. Under Stuart’s leadership, LIC: introduced an innovation model; entered the Deer Industry; invested over $1million per annum in Genomic research; completely revamped its information service to farmers; established a highly profitable DNA testing service; and grew its export business exponentially. After a period as an agriculture business consultant, Stuart joined Waikato Innovation Park as global business development director before being appointed CEO. His goals at WIPL are to lift the capability to increase exports in the region through the community of tenants and wider cluster, focused on Innovation, technology and added value spray dried food.
Senior Administrator/Event Manager
Justine joined our team in 2011. She is our Event Manager as well as our 'go to person' for all enquiries relating to Events, Conferences and any meeting room space requirements. Justine also handles the day to day queries from our tenants and accounts receivable. Justine updates and manages our website and also manages all Health and Safety for our site.