Trial and produce advanced nutritional powders
Waikato Innovation Park is home to the country’s only independent product development spray dryer known as FOODWAIKATO.
FOODWAIKATO is helping businesses move from concept to commercialisation by providing a facility for trialling and producing advanced nutritional powders. A wide array of companies have used the facility, from unique milk producers to fruit and vegetable growers.
FOODWAIKATO also offers development and commercialisation support - giving businesses every chance of hitting export markets successfully.
Fast FOODWAIKATO facts:
- New Zealand’s first and only independent product development spray dryer
- 10.5m-high stainless steel dryer, weighing 7.5 tonne
- Formulation wet side for the manufacture of nutritional powders
- Build cost $18 million
- Produces a half a tonne per hour of spray dried powder
- Construction completed in April 2012, operational in May 2012
- Experienced in the manufacture of infant formulas
- Ability to spray dry vegetable waste pulp into pure powders
- Certified with NZ Food Safety Authority, Risk Management Programme and Halal
- Export certified
Access to FOODWAIKATO:
FOODWAIKATO is independently owned and was built by Waikato Innovation Park to deliver open access to all innovative F&B businesses. It is a key hub in the NZ Food Innovation Network.
If you’re a milk, nutritional powder manufacturer and would like to trial a product or process at the FOODWAIKATO plant, get in touch.
We are interested in speaking to anyone wanting to book capacity or discuss plant capability.